Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tackle it Tuesday - Ending summer

Well, Kid Jedi starts Kindergarten one week from today. I'm happy for him, but sad for me, I'll miss him being here. Next week I'll do my back-to-school post about what we did to get him prepared, but this week, I'm just cleaning up summer.

We have this one last week of summer, though I don't think we'll be heading to the pool since it's in the 70s this week. This week is the week that I make sure Kid Jedi goes to bed on time and gets up by 7 so he can be ready to be at school by 8:20. We are also reorganizing our home with a lunch station in the kitchen (Kid Jedi has full-day Kindergarten so we get to pack lunches for the first time), cleaning the launch pad and setting it up for backpacks instead of beach bags, getting an area in the kitchen or dining room set up so we have anything he'll need for homework together, and, well taking advantage of these last free days before schedules become our life.

I don't have any pictures yet since I'm still in the cleaning up stage, but, they will come (probably next week). I'm also looking for good, healthy, ideas for school lunches for a kid who doesn't eat a whole lot of fruits and veggies.

This is what I'm, sadly, tackling this week, head on over to 5MFM to see what other Moms are tackling and let us know what you are doing.

2 comments:

B said...

I know sending them off to K is tough but its great to see them come home knowing they enjoyed it.

Great idea about setting up an area for making lunches and stuff.

Susie said...

Our first day of kindergarten was today so, we did that tackle last week! It is important to get a great fresh start which we had this morning:-)