But, since I make a ton of cookies and other goodies (read candy), I usually start making my cookie dough around now and freeze the dough, then around Thanksgiving I start baking and it's so much easier.
To give you an idea of what I make, here's the list:
- Oatmeal Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Raisin Molasses Gems
- Butter Cookies
- Scottish Shortbread
- Pizzelles (if I have the time)
- Milk Chocolate-Pretzel clusters
- White Chocolate-Pretzel clusters
- Chocolate-Coconut Haystacks
- White Chocolate-Coconut Haystacks
- White Chocolate covered marshmallows
- Milk Chocolate covered Marshmallows
- Milk Chocolate covered plain oreos
- Milk Chocolate covered peanut butter oreos
- Milk Chocolate covered chocolate oreos
- White chocolate popcorn clusters
- Milk Chocolate popcorn clusters
So, as you can see I need to start early. I really enjoy doing this and I give away this stuff every year to my hairdresser and I send in a tray or 2 to my hubby's work. I really need a good macaroon recipe, I like the ones that are like cookies and have never found a good recipe. I do make sugar cookies but I buy the dough, again I've never found a recipe I really liked. So, I will post some cookie recipes over the next few weeks.
What do you do ahead for the holidays?