Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tasty Tuesday #3 - Spreadable Butter

For this week's Tasty Tuesday, I will give you my recipe for an excellent margarine replacement. My family has a history of high cholesterol created by their bodies rather than from food. Food does exascerbate the situation though and as we know Trans Fats are a bad thing for high cholesterol. Margarine has Hydrogenated oils in it, which turns to trans fats, they don't have to note it if they have less than 1% per serving, but it all adds up.

Anyway, I make my own Spreadable butter. I don't have any pictures of this one though.

Ingredients:

1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup light oil (I use light olive oil, but you can use canola too)
*If you use unsalted butter, you can add 2/3 tsp salt if desired

put ingredients in bowl, blend together with mixer, pour into container and let set for a couple hours or overnight. It doesn't look as pretty as the ones you can buy in the store already done, but it is less expensive and just as yummy.

This is my recipe for Tasty Tuesday, add yours here to Mr. Linky.

No comments: