Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cancer Strikes again...

Well, as you already know this isn't going to be a happy post. I got some really bad news last night, one of my cousins, Lisa Upchurch, passed away at 39 from cancer. The worst part, no one knew she was sick, and it's been going on for 2-1/2 years. Lisa was a wonderful person, she had her difficulties of course, but so did everyone. I just don't think she realized that we all still loved her. She went through some hard times back in HS, but that really didn't matter, she married someone most of the family didn't approve of, but that didn't really matter either, she had a little girl who she decided to put up for adoption (the little girl's aunt adopted her), and then she had a little boy who she kept. None of this makes her a bad person, it makes her human, but I don't think she knew that we saw it this way. Lisa and I were close when we were kids, even when she lived in KY though I was in NJ, I never stopped loving her or caring about her. I may not have agreed with her choices at times, but they were her choices. I wish I could have lent her my support during this difficult time, but we had lost touch over the years, something that I will regret for a long time.

I HATE CANCER!!! I'm so sick of it taking everyone away from me and their families. Lisa left behind a young son, her Mom, her Dad, her brother, nieces & nephews, lots of aunts and uncles and too many cousins to count. My sincere hope is that she left us to go into God's heavenly arms.

Don't miss out on any opportunities to reach out to anyone that you love and you've lost touch with before you don't have a chance. I wish I had one more chance to talk to Lisa, to let her know how much she has always meant to me, how much I love her and how often I thought about her, that chance is gone, but I will be getting back in contact with her brother, that opportunity will not slip away.

Lisa...I will miss you!!!!

1 comment:

Shari said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I look forward to reading yours when I have a bit more time. Have a great day!