Saturday, January 10, 2009

Photo Challenge #2 - Macros

So, it took me a bit longer to post my macro challenge. I've been getting ready for my son's birthday party tomorrow and haven't been able to post. Anyway, here are some of my macro shots. I do have to say I had a lot of fun playing with this feature and I will continue to do so.

This first one is our Christmas tree, specifically one of the branches. It would have been better if it was a flowering bush in the spring, but seeing as we have no flowering anything right now, this has to do.





This is one of my son's miniature ornaments on his stocking. I like how the knit pattern of the stocking isn't crisp so the ornament is definitely the focal point.


This is one of my knitting projects, I like how it shows the detail of the knit.




This is some candy canes, it didn't really do what I wanted, I wanted it to focus on the colored candy cane, but because they were all so close together, they all wound up in focus.


This last one is my favorite, it is my son's eyelashes. Not the best macro but I love the picture.


Let me know what you think.

5 comments:

Abby said...

Love your shots!!! Wonderful job!!! For the candy cane photo, if you have a camera that you can change the apature that will help you achieve what you're looking for. :)

Lissa Ballard said...

Love them! I'm with you on the candy cane photo but alas, I have a completely point and shoot and I'll never get that shot...

Jodi said...

Love your shot!

Dawn said...

Very cool buddy!
Love the christmas tree shot!

BunnyKissd said...

Very cool! I love the one of your son's eye lashes!