Friday, October 3, 2008

Vegetarian Salisbury Steak

Well, in case you haven't noticed that none of my food includes meat, I'm a vegetarian, just me, not my hubby, not my son, so I do cook meat, but not a lot. This is one thing that when I was not a vegetarian I loved when my Mom would make it, well she actually brought it home from the luncheonette that we owned.

Here are your ingredients:

4 veggie burgers, I like the Boca vegan but any kind will do.
1 onion sliced
1 small can mushrooms, drained (I really like mushrooms so I use the big can)
1 cup vegetable broth
1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet or Gravy Master (whatever you use to add color to your gravy)
1 Tablespoon cornstarch

Saute the sliced onion and mushrooms in some vegetable oil, until onion is translucent.
Add veggie burgers and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side.


This is the gravy, you add the Gravy Master or Kitchen Bouquet and cornstarch to the vegetable broth and whisk until smooth. Pour sauce over burgers, turn heat to medium. Gravy will thicken in a few minutes and the dish is done.

This is it all done, it is yummy!! Even good as leftovers. I served roasted potatoes (I had a little bit of a timing issue and they weren't done when the Salisbury Steak was done) and corn with this.

No comments: