Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Recipe, A Contest and An Award

A Recipe...


So, I planned to make this 2 weeks ago for a party this past Saturday, then everyone posted a recipe for this, but I'm posting anyway because, well I made it and I haven't made anything fun in a while!

Pumpkin Dip


Here are your ingredients:




The first thing you do is put 8 oz. softened cream cheese and 2 cups of powdered sugar (also called 10x or icing sugar) into a food processor (this can also be made in a bowl with a hand or stand mixer just make sure the cream cheese is really soft). Mix until combined and it looks like yummy cream cheese icing:


Add 15 oz. pumpkin (about 1/2 of a large can of pumpkin)


Add 1 Tbsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice, 1 Tbsp Cinnamon (or 1tsp ginger) and 1 tsp orange extract.



This is what it looks like all done.




This can be served with spiced wafers (my fave), apple slices (make sure to toss with a little lemon juice to prevent browning), graham cracker sticks, pretty much anything.

Verdict: 2 cups of this went at the party and we had a ton of food. I put it out with spiced wafers. It has a slightly orange flavor to it which if you don't like that you could probably leave out the extract, but I like it so I'm not sure how it would taste without it.



A Contest...

Not mine, not yet anyway, on Sisterly Savings there is a contest going on to win one of these:


I love aprons, and these are all really adorable, so go over and join in on the contest.

An Award:

Meghan over at Meghan's Mindless Muttering awarded me this award:

I'm not really sure I'm creative but here it is. In order to accept this, I must post 6 things I value, 6 things I do not value and then pass it on to 6 bloggers.

So here it goes...

6 things I value

  1. Family (if you can't tell from my recent posts family means a lot to me)
  2. Love (real and honest, you can't get better than that)
  3. Faith
  4. Friends (the family you choose)
  5. A warm, welcoming kitchen (our family always gathers there)
  6. A good book

6 things I don't value

  1. Pettiness
  2. Holding grudges (life's too short)
  3. Rudeness (I especially don't understand why people can't turn their cellphones down or off during church or a funeral)
  4. Reality Shows (I don't mean the informative ones, I mean things like Survivor and Big Brother, they intentionally start fights with people, it doesn't put humanity in a good light)
  5. Atheists who thing God should be taken out of everything (Our country was built on Christian values people, and it was set up so that people can practice their religion their way, and if President Eisenhower felt that the words "under God" should be added to our pledge of allegiance, then that's good enough for me)
  6. Religious intolerance (see above).

6 Awards

  1. Debby from The Jimenez Family
  2. Amelia at Out of my kitchen
  3. Mckmama at My Charming Kids
  4. Karen at Mommy, I'm Home
  5. Kristen at We are THAT Family
  6. Miss Mommy at The Thrifty Mommy

Here are the 'official' rules: *Mention the blog that gave you the award and comment on their blog to let them know that you have posted their award. You also have to list 6 things you value and 6 things you don't value. Lastly, you have to pass the award onto 6 other friends! *


2 comments:

Meghan said...

I am all over that pumpkin dip!

Hey, didn't I tell you not to post about that prize? LOL
If you win, I am coming over & we can share it. LOL

Anonymous said...

This is a perfect idea for me to take to a Halloween party. Thanks for sharing it. The apron is adorable - I'll head over and check it out.