Thursday, September 4, 2008

My first Post

Well, I decided to write about my cooking adventures, well not so much adventures as well, just my cooking. I decided that I need to cook, not reheat something every day. I have a 4 yo little boy at home, I'll come up with something to call him on this blog later, and a wonderful hubby who well, works too much. Anyway, I love to bake, cooking, I'll try, but baking I love so, my first thing I baked was a recipe for chocolate chip muffins. I got the recipe from The Vegetarian Family Cookbook by Nava Atlas, it's "Basic Muffins, Seven Ways". Per my 4 yo's request I made chocolate chip. I promise to actually make some things that I can post the recipe for, but since this one is copywritten, I can't.

Anyway I will post the ingredients, just not the amounts.



So these are my ingredients, Whole Wheat Pastry Flour, SoyMilk, Vanilla Yogurt, Ground Flaxseed, Baking Soda & Powder, sugar, corn oil (it called for safflower oil, but I don't have any), and mini chocolate chips.


This is the batter all mixed in the bowl, yes I know I have all my tools around it still. I'm not the neatest of cooks.




This is the batter in my nice Wilton silicone muffin cups. I used my cookie dropper, it looks like an ice cream scoop to put the muffin batter in the cups. And, yes I cleaned off the stove top for this one (more because I couldn't fit it on the stove if I didn't than anything).



And here they are all done.


Verdict: Good. Not too sweet, though I'm not a chocolate chip muffin fan, the mini chips go throughout the muffins. I haven't had a verdict from the little one, he keeps telling me they still have to cool off. Now to decide what I'll cook tomorrow....

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Check you out!
So glad you started a blog!!!
Woo.
I am going to put you in my blog roll sister!