Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Baking with the kiddo

So, today after running around getting the little guy set up for soccer, by the way, it isn't as easy as it sounds, it took me an hour of running from the front to the back of the store and going to the bathroom twice (4 year-old bladders are very small), anyway after that we made Chocolate chip cookies, the regular Toll House recipe.

Here are the ingredients: Flour (I use 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 unbleached, baking soda, salt, vanilla, white and brown sugar, butter, eggs, and of course chocolate chips.


The first thing you do is cream together the 2 sticks of softened butter, 3/4 cups each of regular and brown sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and 2 eggs.

Gratuitous shot of my adorable helper.


Then you add the 2-1/4 cups of flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp salt.


Finally, you add 2 cups of chocolate chips, though if you are 4 some of them wind up on the counter, the floor, etc.


And now it's time to check out the batter.

Yum! Don't you love that face.


This would be the batter in my mixing bowl.

Drop the cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet. I love my Pampered Chef cookie scoop for this, it's the medium size, but I think they only have 2 sizes now.

Bake at 375 for 9-11 minutes, let them cool and taste.

The verdict, of course was yummy. I don't think there's ever been a bad batch of Toll House cookies.

No comments: