Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ch-ch-changes

A lot has been going on here. We had VBS last week which was such a blessing, I don't even know where to begin. Kid Jedi had some times when he was running around when he should have been with his group, but not many and no one cared, they all loved him!!! Kid Jedi was also so moved by the Bible stories and memory verses that he asked Jesus into his heart, at 5! We also attended church services at the church that ran the VBS and we loved it, Kid Jedi came out from his Sunday School class so excited with his craft project, it made my day.

We also made a tough decision, we are getting rid of our credit cards and moving to be a cash only family, which will make things a lot tighter here at first, but in the long run, we will be blessed beyond measure for this change. Since this decision, I have been feeling much better about our situation, primarily because I hate credit cards.

I put my application in for Substitute teaching and once I get my criminal background check done, I'll be all set to get my license to sub and I'll be on the rolls at our local Junior/Senior High School. Once my license comes in, I'll put my name in our elementary school as well as the other 3 elementary schools that send to our HS. I'm nervous, but excited.

I can't wait to start paying down those credit cards, and it's going to be a big change since we've been relying on them a lot over the past 5 years, the journey may be long, but it will be steady and definitely worth it.

Oh, and I'm starting decluttering with having a yard sale with a friend of mine (our street isn't good for yard sales, but hers is) and I'm getting rid of a lot of Kid Jedi's baby things, like the travel system, umbrella stroller, etc. I will be keeping some outfits, etc., but if I don't need it, I'm letting it go!

I so feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders now that we aren't using credit cards and I'm getting rid of stuff. I'm beginning to realize that the stuff is what holds us down. Changes are coming, and they are all good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for giving up the credit cards. You won't regret it!