Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Top Ten Things I like About Subbing

Top Ten list time again...I've been MIA because of a lot of substitute teaching, so I figured I should do a top ten list on what I like about substitute teaching.

1. You meet some great children (teachers too).

2. You learn a lot about the learning differences of children.

3. You don't have to deal with grading.

4. You are done work by 3:30, though you may start as early as 7:30.

5. You come away with some great stories.

6. You get to teach all grades. This is great for someone like me who is working toward becoming a teacher.

7. Work is never boring!

8. If you have a difficult class, you get to say no next time.

9. You are still free to do things with your child's class.

10. You get to touch a lot of children's lives.

Check out other top ten lists at Oh Amanda.

2 comments:

Betsy Escandon said...

I used to teach elementary and my husband is career-switching to teaching and planning to sub while he transitions. This list is right on. Although there are plusses to having your own classroom too, of course. If you had a cruddy day, it would be wonderful to know you would never have to see those kids again!

ohAmanda said...

I subbed for about 2 years and I loved it! When my kids are in school, I might do it again.

Thanks for linking up!