Monday, February 23, 2009

Tasty Tuesday #1

Ok, so I belong to this wonderful group of local bloggers and we decided to start a recipe share on Tuesdays, hence Tasty Tuesday. I'd love to have a great button for everyone to add, but I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to that stuff, so if anyone wants to help, I'll use it.

Anyway, the first recipe I'd like to share is for a delicious salad, I love salads.

Tortilla Salad
The ingredients for a large salad are:

2 c Lettuce (I use Romaine)

1/2 medium tomato, diced

1/2 medium bell pepper, diced

1/4-1/2 cup Pinto beans (you can also use black beans), drained & rinsed

1 handful of tortilla chips, crumbled (you can use more if you want)

Light Ranch dressing, to taste

I also usually add a couple of green onions chopped, but I didn't have any on hand.

You can also add some shredded cheese.

Just put all the ingredients in a bowl and toss.

This is what it looks like before dressing and tossing, tastes good but not really appetizing looking after tossing. You could probably add some taco meat or chicken, but since I'm a vegetarian, none for me. This is one of my favorite salads. If you are trying to really lose weight, you could use salsa instead of dressing too.

Let us know what you're cooking. Add your name and link to your blog entry, not front page and let's share some yummy recipes.


No comments: